If you’re a fan of cream liqueurs and you haven’t tried this product yet then you are seriously missing out! It is a unique, versatile, great tasting, and fairly priced liqueur. In fact, it is so good that we used to always bring a couple bottles back from our distillery visits before it was available in Michigan.
- Producer: Buffalo Trace Distillery
- Location: Frankfort, Kentucky
- Name: Bourbon Cream
- Classification: Cream Liqueur
- Proof: 30
- Michigan Minimum Shelf Price: $19.99
The initial impression upon smelling this liqueur is that it will be very sweet. Strong scents of vanilla are present for a moment, before giving way to a smooth and delightful Bourbon smell. All these scents eventually give way to the smell of alcohol to let you know it will hold its own. Taste is exactly as you would expect with flavors of vanilla, caramel, and rich cream showing through. They mix wonderfully with the Bourbon taste, without any one flavor dominating the palate.
Since this is a cream liqueur, it would not be fair to compare it directly to Straight Bourbons. As such, we will refrain from scoring it in favor of offering some of our favorite ways to enjoy it:
- This is without a doubt our favorite cream to use in our morning coffee.
- It is smooth enough to stand on its own and enjoy over the rocks.
- “Buffalo Float” – one of the ways we were introduced to during a distillery visit, that has now made its way onto the official product webpage:
Buffalo Float – The grown up Root Beer Float!
- 2 oz Buffalo Trace Distillery Bourbon Cream
- 4 oz root beer
Combine in glass and serve.
For extra richness, pour over 1 scoop vanilla ice-cream.
Be sure to leave a comment and let us know how you best enjoy your Bourbon Cream!