For our first recipe, we thought we would introduce you all to our favorite Bourbon sauce. It is a savory and slightly sweet sauce which is very versatile in adding some flavor to a number of dishes. We have used it as a glaze, a sauce to spoon over a dish, and as a marinade. In future entries, we will be featuring some of our favorite recipes that make use of this sauce. So far it has never disappointed!
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Four Roses yellow label Bourbon
- 3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Tamari Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- In small sauce pan, combine 1/3 cup Bourbon (set aside the added 1 Tsp for later) with the remainder of ingredients.
- Heat at medium-high heat, stirring constantly until light brown sugar is fully dissolved.
- Continue heating to boil, stirring regularly until sauce is reduced to 1/3 cup.
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining 1 Tsp of Bourbon.
Substitute 2 Tbsp of Teriyaki Sauce in place of Worcestershire Sauce and 2 Tbsp Chicken Broth in place of Beef Broth.
One thought on “Savory Bourbon Balsamic Sauce”
Pingback: Bourbon Balsamic Beef Stir-Fry | Detroit Bourbon