This is a simplified Old Fashioned recipe without the fruit. It’s nothing fancy, but is quick to make if you want to switch it up from “only” Bourbon.
- 2 ounces Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon
- 1 tsp sugar (or 1 sugar cube)
- 1 splash water
- 2 dashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1 dash Regan’s Orange Bitters No. 6
- Add sugar to empty Old Fashioned or Rocks glass.
- Pour splash of water on sugar.
- Add both bitters to the glass and mix or muddle until sugar is completely dissolved in solution.
- Pour in the Bourbon.
- Fill with ice and stir.